Shellshock: Update your groov Box for security
You may have heard news reports about the Shellshock bug, a recent security threat that could allow hackers access to web servers and computers.
So far, tests have been unable to exploit the Shellshock vulnerability on groov Boxes, either the AT1 or the AR1. The system is designed with multiple layers of defenses to prevent anyone’s exploiting vulnerabilities like Shellshock.
BUT TO BE SURE, we urge all groov Box administrators to install the latest groov Admin update, which eliminates the Shellshock vulnerability from the system.
- Log in at manage.groov.com.
- Click Show in the Details column next to your groov Box to see new files available for it. Click the filename for groov Admin v1.570.38 and SAVE the file to your computer.
- Back up your groov project: In groov Build, choose File > Backup project to computer.
- Install the update: In groov Admin, choose groov Admin Update under System in the menu tree. Locate the file you saved, click Open, and then click Update. Wait for the success message.
- Change the Administrator password and all user passwords.
See the OptoKnowledgeBase article for more details.
Contact Opto 22 Product Support
Phone: 1-800-835-6786 (toll-free) or 1-951-695-3080
SNAP PACs: If you have Opto 22’s SNAP PAC System for industrial automation, remote monitoring, and data acquisition, be reassured that SNAP PAC controllers and brains are NOT susceptible to Shellshock, as they do not use Linux.
Other Systems: In addition to updating your groov Box, make sure you apply all recommended updates from reliable sources to any Unix, Linux, or Apple web servers and computers you have. You can find out more about the Shellshock vulnerability here: